The purpose of the Stillwater County Fire Council shall be:
- To promote cooperation and understanding between different emergency service providers;
- To provide the most effective and affordable fire suppression possible;
- To work toward resolving fire and emergency service related problems;
- To make recommendations to the CountyCommissioners for appointment of a County Fire Warden and any assistant wardens;
- To identify joint equipment and training needed by its members;
- To assist in development of any needed fire or disaster management plans,
- Coordinate training for all firefighters,
- Assist the County Fire Warden to develop a county fire plan under the county co-op program and
- To have represented from the FS, DNRC, BLM or other agencies present at meetings.
The Stillwater County Fire Council consists of all Fire Chiefs in the county, Fire Warden, Sheriff, Forest Service, DNRC, and BLM.