Meets quarterly at the Columbus Fire Hall at 11:30 am, starting in January.
The purpose of the Stillwater County Fire Council shall be:
- To promote cooperation and understanding between different emergency service providers;
- To provide the most effective and affordable fire suppression possible;
- To work toward resolving fire and emergency service related problems;
- To make recommendations to the County Commissioners for appointment of a County Fire Warden and any assistant wardens;
- To identify joint equipment and training needed by its members;
- To assist in the development of any needed fire or disaster management plans,
- Coordinate training for all firefighters,
- Assist the County Fire Warden to develop a county fire plan under the county co-op program and
- To have represented from the FS, DNRC, BLM, or other agencies present at meetings.