I want to subdivide my property, how do I do that?

First, you’ll need to contact an engineer or surveyor. By contacting the Planning department you can request a list of consultants who typically do work in the area. Once you’ve contacted them you will need to develop a concept. Once a concept has been finalized, contact the Planning Office to schedule a pre-application meeting. At that time all details, forms applications, and processes will be identified based on the proposed concept.

Show All Answers

1. Is there zoning in Stillwater County?
2. What do I need for a septic permit?
3. Are there any permits needed for development in Stillwater County?
4. What is the Work Camp Plan Review Process in Stillwater County?
5. What are the stages to subdivide?
6. What are the setbacks for Stillwater County?
7. I want to subdivide my property, how do I do that?
8. Is a Certificate of Survey a subdivision?
9. What are family transfers, mortgage surveys, boundary relocations, and other types of surveys?
10. Are there permits needed to build on a lot that is already subdivided?
11. My subdivision has preliminary plat approval, can I sell lots?
12. My neighbor is doing something that isn’t allowed in the subdivision by covenants and restrictions, can the county help me enforce these issues?
13. Is my home in the floodplain?